Multicore processors and challenges coming with them are fascinating. An easy introduction to Freescale 
multicore processors can be fetched here. As a future project, open-etech plans
to run eCos and Linux on a dual core processor, each of the OS using a dedicated core. If you have experience to share in this domain, do not
hesitate to contact me.
Other interesting readings:
- OpenMP defined an API for multi-platform shared-memory parallel programming.
- Power.org Standard for Embedded Power Architecture Platform Requirements.
- Computer Architecture - A Quantitative Approach - 4th Edition.
Dual / Multicore platforms:
- Xilinx  new Zynq-7000 processor centric device (dual ARM Cortex-A9).
- Freescale QorIQ Processing Platforms based on e500 and derived core.